Monday, October 1, 2012

Posting more. Oh, it's gonna happen.

Okay. Okay. I get it. You feel abandoned. Despite my being the 23,478th best blog you've read, you took the time and you gave me a shot and how did I repay your kindness? I ran. I'm not excusing my behavior but to be fair, indications of my instability were made pretty clear early on, soooo... I'm excusing my behavior.

I'm not going to try and make it up to you because that would be an insult to us both. How? I've no idea. I just felt that was a good way to end the sentence while giving me a nice out. However, what I am going to do is keep on keepin' on! I'm going to blog. It may not be often, it may not last long, and it may not be good, but it will be done. Even if I'm the only one here, this blog will still make a sound! I owe you that much.

With that, I can think of no better way to kick things off than by resuming reiteration on how this isn't a horror blog with a months worth of horror content! I'm still a bit down on myself that I let last October go without any acknowledgment of my favorite month and letting another pass would be, just, ya know, worse. I may post the sporadic film review but knowing I can't commit to a movie a day – See? Acknowledgment. Personal growth already! - I didn't want to make that attempt. Besides, plenty of folks better than I will be taking care of that.

I am going celebrate the great characters of horror. Rather, my favorite characters. More specifically, The Most Fantabulous Femmes of Fright. I tried to branch out, I really did. The list was going to incorporate all characters of every horror medium but when I realized that by #25 it was entirely made up of final girls and sassy but doomed besties I knew I had to stop trying. Women of Fiction, my soul they own.

Some posses a universally recognized level of awesome while others may only be liked by me and those who might like something just because it has a vagina, but all have struck that chord in my feeling place. Eww, not that one! Gay, duh. There is no specific order. This isn't a countdown. Partially because there would be two twelve-way ties, partially because I watched Prom Night again the other night, thus reigniting my obsession with Wendy and good lawd, I gotta write about that bitch quick!

… Starting tomorrow. What? I'm really tiiiired.

No comments: